Helping Creek County Establish Legal Guardianships For Minors And Elderly Adults

There are many reasons why a legal guardianship may be necessary.

For minors, perhaps a guardianship needs to be established if another individual (other than a child's parent) is caring for the minor. Perhaps a guardianship needs to be established to handle the estate (or inheritance) of a minor.

Guardianships for adults may be necessary if the adult is elderly or, because of a medical condition, can no longer make important health care, financial or day-to-day living decisions.

The Guardianship Process

However, creating a guardianship in Oklahoma is a fairly complex procedure.

An individual must appear before the court to establish a legal guardianship for another individual, known as the ward. After hearing the evidence presented in favor of the arrangement, the court will determine if a guardian is necessary, then appoint a guardian and transfer certain responsibilities to that individual.

However, in some cases, there may be opposition to the arrangement. Family members with elderly parents may disagree about whether the guardianship is necessary or even the individual who should be appointed.

Reaching Out To Our Attorneys At Stinnett Law

If you are thinking about establishing a guardianship for a minor or elderly parent, reach out to our firm for guidance before taking any action.

We are experienced family lawyers who possess a thorough understanding of the rules and procedures regarding guardianships and can offer helpful advice as it pertains to your circumstance.

We have helped many individuals in Sapulpa and throughout Creek County with many different family law matters. Let us help you.

Call 918-347-5041 today. Flexible appointment hours are available.